A polyglot meet up to speak in the language you love with other people who love speaking it too!
Every first Friday of the month, we meet up in Chester’s Storyhouse (Kitchen) from 5.30pm to 6.30pm to talk about travel, art, fun cultural curiosities and more. All in different languages!
THE LANGUAGE CAFE’ IS FOR YOU IF:
- You speak already Italian at A2 level or above, which means you understand basic conversation about daily topics and can manage to use at least two tenses, such as present with past and/or future even though not correctly all the time. For a full description of the A2 level please have a look at this table.
- You want to develop your speaking confidence in a foreign language.
- You are willing to see mistakes as stepping stones towards success. The more mistakes you make, the more you learn !
- You’re willing to meet other people and learn more about them by speaking to them in your second language
- You have a collaborative spirit. You’re ok with being corrected in case you make a mistake (so you can learn more!) and you are not afraid of correcting others (in a kind way!), if you hear they make a mistake too.
- You have excellent sense of humour and don’t take yourself too seriously !
The Language Cafè is not for you if:
- You’ve just started learning another language and know only a few phrases and sentences.
- You’re looking for a language class or workshop where you can find taught content as well as speaking practice. If so, check this page out!
- You are not willing to make mistakes and get out of your comfort zone when speaking (but how can you learn something new in this way?).
- You’re not keen on meeting other people and learn more about them by speaking to them in another language
- You don’t like to collaborate with other people and are not willing to help them improve their speaking skills
- You have zero sense of humour and take yourself far too seriously!
This is a free conversation gathering.
If you want to join us, the only thing you need to do is to commit to showing up by clicking on the button below and, of course, be ready to speak your second language! 🙂
Who leads the Language Cafè?
Ewa Hogarth-Jones, is a language addict and tutor on a mission to prove to students that learning Polish is possible!
After Ewa received her degree in Modern Languages from Arras University in France, She went back to Poland to share her passion for languages by teaching French. She worked in Poland, France, Italy and finally she settled a few years ago in the UK and continued to tutor French. As a native Pole, she was approached many times for teaching her mother tongue and after meeting many people who were interested in learning Polish, she became intrigued by her own language and began her adventure with it. She successfully completed the Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching Polish Language and Culture Abroad at the Polish University Abroad in London. If you want to know more about Ewa, check out this page right here
Erminia Pedata, aka “Ermy”, is a language coach (certified by Efficient Language Coaching and accredited by the International Coaching Federation) who helps lifelong learners with a free spirit learn the language they love and travel the world.
Born in the Italian city of Naples, Ermy speaks English, Spanish and French in addition to her native tongues, Italian and Neapolitan. She has been helping dozens of other learners all around the world to unleash their truest learning potential and become fluent in these languages too.
She’s been featured on a variety of language learning websites including: Parrot Time, Huggins International, The Joy of Languages and, the world’s most popular language learning blog, Fluent in 3 Months.
Currently Ermy lives in the pretty city of Chester in the UK and, she often travels back to Italy to visit her family when she’s not busy travelling somewhere else or dancing salsa! By the way, this Ermy writing in the third person! I sound so important, right? 🤣 If you want to know more about me check my about page out right here!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN THE LANGUAGE CAFE’ IN CHESTER?
CLICK ON THE BUTTON BELOW
Know a friend who would love to come?
Invite them over or share this event with them using the social share buttons below! 🙂