FACE TO FACE CLASSES ARE SUSPENDED FOR THE TIME BEING. CHECK THE ONLINE VERSION OF THIS COURSE RIGHT HERE
An Intensive Italian language course in Chester (UK)
Speak basic Italian and enjoy travelling to Italy in 5 weeks time!
Praise for Italian for Travellers
“I have been on an Italian learners course at a college before but learnt so much more with Ermy. Best of all we had fun!” – SUE HAYGARTH
Imagine yourself entering a cosy bed and breakfast run by a local Italian family; you greet the receptionist in Italian and you actually understand him when he tells you the floor and your room number.
The day after you’re sipping a nice espresso in an elegant café in the main piazza whilst chatting to the barista who has just asked you how your morning has been so far.
Your answer, “Splendido, grazie!”
You can speak Italian. And I am here to help make this dream come true!
Maybe you’ve been trying to learn Italian already. You’ve picked up a few words thanks to one or two phrasebooks. Or you’ve used Duolingo for a bit.
However, you’ve realised that…
You’d like to learn everyday spoken language rather than speak like a book.
Language apps can be kinda repetitive and don’t always cover what you want to learn (+ can you really trust their pronunciation feedback?).
You’ve always found speaking languages most difficult. You’d really like to improve this!
The truth is, you’d like to have enough conversation practice…so that you can become more confident Italian speaker!
Hi, my name’s Erminia Pedata, Ermy for my friends, and as a lifelong learner who has learned four different languages herself, I identify with your learning frustrations very much because I used to be exactly where you are right now.
I’m a qualified language coach and after having taught languages for the past 5 years in a variety of schools I’ve noticed that, although most people love learning a language together, classes with twenty or even thirty students are not really the best environment to learn a language effectively. After hearing from other language students who shared this opinion I wanted to help.
ITALIAN FOR TRAVELLERS is an intensive Italian language course for beginners in mini groups of up to 8 people that aim to teach you the Italian you actually need to know to speak Italian with confidence on your next trip to Italy and enjoy the “dolce vita”.
These workshop series is aimed at five things:
- Provide you with a basic Italian level that help you communicate in Italian within a holiday context.
- Help you learn this language effectively in a mini group of six or eight learners, so you get the attention you deserve in order to make good progress.
- Give you the confidence to speak Italian without being afraid of making mistakes.
- Give you enough conversation practice that’ll help you make the first steps towards your fluency in Italian.
- Help you set up a language learning routine in your daily life so that you can progress even faster in your learning (and also after the course has finished!).
Here’s what the course includes:
4 intensive workshops consisting of three 45 minutes learning sessions (3 learning sessions per workshop) – The average person’s attention span tends to decrease after 40 – 45 minutes of focused activity. This course is designed to help you get the most out of your brain power! Three 45 minutes learning sessions with a break in the middle are the best combo!
A week of guided self study– Week 5 is the week of guided self study with planned learning activities (that I’ll send you) and “speaking missions” to accomplish. These activities will help you to practice and further develop your Italian language skills and get you ready for your next trip abroad.
Essential Italian vocabulary – you’ll be able to pick up the essential language skills to be able to travel and enjoy your trip to Italy. I leave out all the unnecessary stuff to help you learn the language that you ACTUALLY need to deal with common daily situations when travelling around Italy!
Mini-groups – You’ll be learning within a small group of six or eight people. This class gives you the perk of learning in a group without sacrificing the attention you deserve, so you can have accountability as well as access to more and better feedback from your teacher.
Creative activities that make you a confident Italian speaker – you’ll have fun with roleplaying (and even dancing!) which means that you’ll have plenty of speaking practise and your brain will be more stimulated to learn in a environment where everyone is having fun!
Exclusive learning material – You won’t have to buy any book as you’ll get exclusively designed learning sheets and other study material created by myself with all my love just for you! 🙂
Self study material and “missions” – You’ll be given “missions” to accomplish to help you put into practice your newly gained language skills. What’s a “mission”? It’s an activity that you’ll be required to do in order to build up your fluency (and yes! It involves talking in Italian to actual people!!).
Friendly environment – Forget your dry school classrooms! You’ll have your learning sessions in a cosy and friendly environment at Festival Coffee in Chester. A lovely Permission to eat Italian cookies whilst studying: granted!
Lifetime Access to my Italian online class – You’ll get access to my online Quizlet class with the Italian vocabulary and grammar of every learning so you can practise it everywhere and whenever you want! You have life time access to this – also after the course is over!!
An extra conversation class of 50 minutes – so you can really improve your speaking skills and fluency level. We’ll schedule this conversation once the course starts to make sure no one misses it!
What are we learning in Italian for Travellers?
Here is a clear outline of the course
- How to check in at the hotel and have your first small talk in Italian
- What to say when you need to ask for help or raise an issue at the hotel reception;
- How to spell street names and useful names of places in town.
FIRST SPEAKING MISSION GIVEN
- How to order a drink at the bar;
- What to say when you’re buying food in an Italian supermarket or corner shop;
- How to book a table at a restaurant and order your fooD like a proper Italian.
SECOND SPEAKING MISSION GIVEN
- How to give and ask for directions (in case you go to that little Italian town where wifi is non existent!);
- How to ask for the opening and closing time of different places in town or the departure and arrival time of a train;
- What to say when you want to buy a train, a ferry or a bus ticket.
THIRD SPEAKING MISSION GIVEN
- What to say when you want to hire a car or a means of transport;
- What to say when you want to buy something in a shop or ask information about a variety of items in a shop;
- How to ask for help if you forget or misplace your phone, your hotel room key or ya know… those little things that sometimes we may lose or misplace on holiday, especially if you’ve been partying a lot! 😉
FOURTH SPEAKING MISSION GIVEN
Week 5 (Guided self study week)
- Revision and consolidation through planned activities sent to you via email.These includes:
- Quizlet vocabulary activities to develop you variety of vocabulary
- Grammar exercises to develop your knowledge of grammar without fearing it!
- Your last Speaking Mission you need to complete to in order have your certificate of course completion
- Bonus conversation class happens in this week as well! 🙂
Where does Italian for Travellers take place?
In the lovely Festival Coffee (Festival Church), Queen St, Chester CH1 3LG
When is Italian for Travellers?
Italian for Travellers starts on Saturday 11th January and ends on Saturday 8th February. The workshops are on the following Saturdays:
January 11th, 18th, 25th and February 2nd
Time: from 11:00am- 1:40pm (three 45 minutes learning sessions with a break of 10 minutes in the middle)
Week 5 (starting on February 4th) is a guided self study week and also the week when we have the bonus conversation class!
You may be wondering, “I can’t attend one of the dates, is it still worth enrolling? “
A HELL YES!! Here’s why: in the workshops we go through the content of the course, however your workshop attendance is not the main thing that allows you to learn effectively and make the most out of the course.
Attending the workshops is actually just 40% of the game. The other 60% (aka the majority!) is about you putting a consistent amount of time and effort in your learning and using effectively the learning resources and opportunities (e.i. completing the speaking missions, doing the Quizlet practice, etc.) provided to you BEFORE AND AFTER the workshops.
You’re purchasing a whole course that includes not only the workshops but also access to a whole library of learning resources -along with my guidance to use it effectively!
Over these 5 weeks I’ll help you create a successful language learning routine in your current life that will eventually get you to speak Italian at a basic level at the end of these 5 weeks. This doesn’t happen by *just* attending the workshops. It happens before and after the workshops.
This is why, you should not worry about missing a workshop as you’ll also be sent additional learning material before and after the workshops and you going through it is what makes the real difference. You also gets lots of guidance through email by me in case you have questions or doubts.
Last but not the least, if you miss a workshop, you are also welcome to attend another workshop during the next round of Italian for Travellers without any additional charge (e.g. If you miss the workshop in week 3, you can go to the workshop in Week 3 for FREE next time the course is on).
In other words, you have nothing to lose, and all to gain!
Praise for Italian for Travellers
” I attended Italian for Travellers with The Language Rose earlier this year. Teacher Ermy is great – she has endless patience, enthusiasm and humour. She also plans everything really thoroughly, her explanations are clear, and the whole experience is fun. I learnt a lot and highly recommend The Language Rose.”– LOUISE DIGGLE
IS THIS COURSE THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU?
This course is for you if…
- You have no knowledge (or very little knowledge) of Italian and want to reach a basic speaking level of this language (which is A1+ level according to the Common European Framework of Languages)
- You love travelling to Italy for holiday and would like to feel confident to speak basic Italian once there
- You want to acquire basic grammar and vocabulary of Italian language
- You’re willing to get out of your comfort zone in order to practise speaking Italian
- You don’t mind role-playing (and even dancing!) as a way to practise the language
- You want a structured way to learn essential Italian vocabulary and grammar
- You learn better in groups and don’t want to sacrifice teacher’s attention that is pretty much split in larger groups (in this group, we are just 8 learners max!)
- You want accountability to be consistent with your learning
- You’re willing to take some time to improve and practise your Italian also in your own time.
This course is NOT for you if…
- You have already a basic level of Italian (which is A1 or A2 level according to the Common European Framework of Languages)
- You have very specific learning needs and prefer one to one learning programme like this one.
- You’re not willing to get out of your comfort zone in order to practise speaking Italian.
- You think that you can learn by just showing up at the workshops and/or by passively listening.
- You don’t like roleplaying as a way of learning.
- You think that an informal way of learning is not effective and would like learn in a more formal environment such as a university.
- You like eating pizza with pineapple (Ok, just kiddin’ with this one!) 😛
So are you ready to apply? Click on the button below!
Praise for working with Ermy
“I found Ermy’s patience and courtesy invaluable in the language course and I would have no hesitation in recommending Ermy if starting to learn Italian from scratch.”
– CHRIS GREENWOOD
What makes this Italian language course different from the others?
I truly believe that what this Italian course offers you is unique in many ways. Here’s a list of what makes it so cool and why you should join!
|Feature||An average Italian course for beginners||Italian for Travellers|
|Class size||between 10-20 people||up to 8 people. Perks: group working + full teacher’s attention.|
|Learning programme||fairly general, sometimes with stuff you don’t really care about!||It’s specifically for people who wants to travel to Italy.|
|Learning material||normally you need to buy a book.||included in the course and uniquely designed for you.
Also we not only use paper material but also online one which gives you a variety.
|Coaching element (aka how to learn Italian effectively and develop the confidence to speak Italian from day one)||not really||Yes. You’ll not only learn Italian but you’ll also learn HOW to learn it effectively and develop the confidence to speak it without being afraid of making mistakes.|
|Duration of learning sessions/classes||normally 60 minutes and you get distracted after 30!||12 learning sessions of 45 minutes to make sure you learn at your best !|
|Teaching & learning style||mostly didactic and passive||Active. It included role playing, group games, sometimes dancing and also speaking missions (a speaking mission is designed to help you practise the language outside the workshop!)|
|Bonus conversation class||I’ve never seen a course that offers this!||YES! Designed to practice your language skills.|
|Teacher’s support||only during classes||during classes and via email and/or Whatsapp too. I’ll be next to you along the course because you’re part of my language learning family!|
|Guided self study||I’ve never seen a course that offers this!||YES! It’s in week 5! I’m going to send you some learning materials to consolidate and develop your Italian so you’ll be able to speak it at a basic level after 5 weeks.|
It’s time to make a decision, traveller!
How do you want to experience Italy next time to go there? Like a tourist or like an aware foreign citizen who is able to connect with Italian people and enjoy their culture?
You know your answer. And if you’re ready to make your dream of speaking Italian come true I’m here to help.
Apply right now and your future self will thank you for investing in your personal development.
If you start now, imagine where you could be in five weeks time with your Italian.
There are only 8 spots available so reserve yours right now!
Praise for Italian for Travellers
“ Thanks so much for a great four weeks of lessons, I was pleased with my progress and felt happy that I was confident enough to try out my language skills when away! I tried to use my Italian wherever I could. However, I was pleased with myself for using it as much as I did, and I enjoyed saying ‘Piacere’ to the people I met. ” –REBECCA ALCOCK
How much is Italian for Travellers?
The whole Italian for Travellers course which includes 12 workshops, learning sheets, online language learning resources, a bonus conversation class, guided self study activities in week 5 and constant teacher’s support through email and/or WhatsApp is £199.
There are language courses who charge the same or more for courses having classes with much bigger numbers (sometimes up to 15 people in a single class), so you can see how much value you get for this price.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
I know it’s important to be mindful of every penny you invest. That’s why Italian for Travellers comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If after having your second workshop, you feel that this programme is not a good fit for you, please write to me to get a refund*. There is a firm deadline to ask for a refund, which is before you come to your third workshop. I shall require your full, completed learning sheets, homework and a detailed explanation of what didn’t work for you so I can continue to improve. The reason I ask for your completed coursework is because I know that if you put in the right time and effort, you’ll get tremendous value and make progress towards your learning goals.
One final note: please do not apply for this programme just to “check it out” for the first two workshops; do apply for it if you really want to learn the language and gain the skills to keep it up. My goal is to give you an outstanding learning experience and I want you to give your best shot at it too!
*you’ll only be charged 35 pounds for administration purposes.
What happens after you click on “APPLY NOW”?
You’ll be sent to the application form. Please complete it fully. You won’t be asked to pay at this stage. This application form help us both to understand if this course is the right fir for you. I am looking for committed learners only and if you’re one of those I’ll be happy to welcome you on the course! 🙂
How can you secure your place on the course?
After having reviewed your application form and deemed it successful, I’ll send you an email with the instructions to secure your place through payment.
What payment methods are accepted?
You can pay through bank transfer, debit or credit card through Stripe. I am unable to accept cash.
Who do you need to contact if you have questions?
Ermy (aka me!). Send an email to thelanguageroseATgmail.com and I’ll get back to you asap!
Praise for working with Ermy
“Excellent teaching, every lesson has been very, very enjoyable and I can’t praise Ermy enough. ” – BEN RUSSELL